The INTEGRATED TOURIST DESTINATION QUALITY SYSTEM (SICTED) has been implemented with the aim that the hotel chain’s customers would perceive quality at their chosen destination. To achieve this, the hotels must comply with certain requirements in order to adhere to the plan and to benefit from tourist destination promotions. In the case of JS Sol de Alcudia, Alcudia Town Council includes the hotel in promotional events held in the tourist information office as well as at exhibitions it attends.
The plan involves several phases in order to obtain the certification. The first phase, known as the certification phase, involves complying with quality requirements in the hotel establishment, with a series of sections that include:
- Training hotel employees.
- Customer satisfaction management: 11 best practices for achieving good management.
- Sales: 10 best practices related to traditional and online marketing of the establishment.
- External services: 11 best practices related to purchasing, supplier, etc. management.
- Facilities and equipment: 20 best practices associated to the company’s infrastructure, cleaning, etc.
The importance that JS Hotels places in the certification and monitoring its correct compliance is further evidence of the hotel chain’s commitment to customer satisfaction.